Saturday, December 6, 2008

Great...

My family and I got together tonight to celebrate my Nanny's 70th birthday. Being a 100% Caucasian family, we of course got Mandarin! (yes imitation ethnic food!!) But maybe I'm hypocritical, because I actually do love chicken balls. So we all sat around my table, squeezing "duck sauce" out of plastic wrappers and shovelling something we couldn't pronounce into our mouths. My cousins, they opted instead for pb&j sandwiches, but to each his own.

So after we threw away all the greasy take-out container, it was time to break out the fortune cookies. In little print straight from the Far East Fortune Cookie Co. (aka: the fortune factory) my fate sat in that deliciously crispy cresent. "Select a goal early in life and work toward it". I'm seventeen for crying out loud! And yes, these are mass-manufactured slips of paper, but really?!?!? Guess I better select my courses....

No comments: