Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Dear The Future Already

University Applications.

how ironic that i was just doing that online?


not applying but looking through programs and schools.

personally i think its kind of fun! i mean its your future.

but before I start I think i should mention how university is not the only option!

I mean I personally am thinking about College for my future!

I think its stupid that people look down on it. The thing is it is more practical!

it's more hands on and for some courses and careers you need a college education

not a university one. If you want to be a fire fighter should you have to go to university to learn about fires how their made and the chemical ways to extinguish them? No, thats stupid! You need to learn how to use a hose and how to get the fire out. Knowing the chemical make ups of a fire isn't always gonna save people lives!

well whichever you like, it doesn't matter, they both have their own pros and cons.

the only thing i don't like is that when you are applying if you want to apply to 5 colleges for the 95 dollars great but if then you want to apply for 1 university you must pay the $95 so you might as well just apply to two other random things. I think the whole thing is ridiculous. i have to pay 200 dollars to apply to one college and one university, or one college and three universities or 5 colleges and 1 university or 5 colleges and 3 universities. All in all the whole application process is outrageous.

But still i'm excited. I want to move forward in life. I want to be grown up and i want to have more freedom. Escape from the all too tight grasp of my parents. The only problem is most of the schools i'm looking at involve staying at home; meaning more time with the 'rents. I guess part of growing up is learning how to cope and deal with things. But in the same way i don't want to grow. I want to be able to love stupid things like High School Musical and the Disney Channel. It's hard. I'm a rock in a hard place.

I've heard it only gets harder with time. That sucks! Well maybe someday... maybe

Anyways. Either way i will survive.





Oh and in contrast to Me. I think that the best song for me to relate to this subject is...

Carrie Underwood: The Night Before (Life Goes On)
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/carrieunderwood/nightbeforelifegoeson.html

No comments: